Friday, June 26, 2015

062415

The rain finally let up (jealous much, Kalifornia?) so we were able to watch the BYU Ballroom Dancers perform on the outdoor stage near the temple last Wednesday.  They are pretty energetic and very good at what they do.  Just so nice to see all of this activity.  Next week the pageant starts up so that ought to be interesting and exciting.

They have several numbers that they do and their costuming is spectacular.  I took several videos but you'll need to wait till we get back before I can show those as they are huge and too big to post here.
This was a ballroom number that they won an international award for .  Very nicely done and beautiful.
This was a Latin number with several parts that was internationally recognized.  One of the young men participating was an Elder that served with Jonathan in Argentina on his mission with him.  We talked to him briefly.  He is a part of the dance team.
Their final number.  The will be finishing up this Saturday in Nauvoo and heading back to BYU to lay low for the summer and get ready for next year's schedule.  They are a very active bunch of kids and we "Seniors" wonder a lot about where in the world they get all of their energy.  
Oh, and I got a Father's Day gift from Nathan/Tabbi and family yesterday.  We don't have a set of jeweler's screwdrivers at the temple.  I just had someone ask me for one the other day and I couldn't find anything to help him out to fix his glasses.  Now I've got one!  And when ever I change a light bulb (the temple has between 2, 500 and 3, 000 light bulbs that we are constantly checking to make sure they are lit and replacing burned out bulbs), I like to mark on the new bulb the date it was changed but a pen doesn't work and I need to use a pencil so this comes in handy plus it doesn't look so obvious in my whites that I wear when I'm working.  Thanks, much appreciated...

No comments:

Post a Comment