Saturday, September 26, 2015

092615

This week passed a special milestone of sorts.  We have been in Nauvoo for 6 months now.  About 1/3 of our mission is officially over.  I guess that is a good thing.  I've learned a lot and have much more to learn.  I figure about the time I'm ready to leave, I'll be fully ready to function in most capacities.  But the curve is pretty steep.  I managed to get a fire damper replaced on a air supply section I've been working on so now all I need to do is replace one more failed piece and it's done.  But I have 4 more VAVs that are failing so the projects keep coming.  I have a fire damper up on the 5th floor that is causing all kinds of issue and I think I have that one figured out but need to test out my theories.  It never gets dull around here.  Plus, winter is coming so we'll be setting up for that pretty soon.  They only do a couple of morning and a couple evening sessions during the winter months.  Looking forward to that.  Maybe I can get something else done.

Last Tuesday night I was working on an exhaust fan that was off and freewheeling.  I decided to slow it down so I could inspect the belt and that is usually done by pressing the belt a little to slow the rolling.  Only thing was, my hand got caught in the belt between the upper pulley and the belt.  I jerked my hand out instantly but not soon enough.  I've done this a hundred times with no effect other than some dirt on my hands but this time I got caught.  Probably not a good thing to do.  It tore off the pad on my right, middle finger and bled an awful lot.  In fact, the doctor had to go in and tie off vessels to stop the bleeding.  It is still leaking today, Saturday, but seems to be doing much better.

The nurse's comment to me was, "Well, you didn't leave much for us to work with".

So, as we walked out of the emergency room last Tuesday night, we were greeted with this view:

Ha, ha, ya missed me!  Better luck next time.
 The hospital is very nice and it was such a pleasant change from Kaiser in Sacrament.  We walked right in and were seen immediately.  No problems and everyone spoke English.  Well, taken care of.  In and out in a couple of hours.  But, getting someone to look at it after the fact has been another issue.  I have an appointment in Springfield, IL on Oct 8th to see a plastic surgeon at the Southern Illinois University Plastic Surgery Institute.  Oddly enough, I also have some cemeteries I need to visit in that town.  I hope I can fit it all in one day.

Don't know if I posted this or not but here is the summer missionaries:

A fine looking group.  Most of these will be gone by the first week in November or there abouts.  We have a few missionaries coming in once a month so we have a few new faces now and then.  They will be coming in once a month till next March.

No comments:

Post a Comment