Wednesday, February 3, 2016

020316

Last Monday night we had the opportunity to go to the Willard Richards Inn for an open house and visit with Ruth and Michael Anderson as they invited all of the missionaries over for to celebrate their 50th Wedding anniversary.  Made me realize how close we're getting to that.  Not that far off.  We were able to take a tour of the inn afterwards so I snapped a few pictures with my iPhone.  Hope they turned out OK.  I forgot to take along my Nikon.  The Anderson's are nice people serving with us.  They will be going home next month and went through the Salt Lake temple with us for the initial training back in  March of 2015.  Wow, that seems like ages ago...well, I guess it was!

Their life story in pictures.
Elder Anderson speaking about his experiences of 50 years with his sweety.  President/Sister McArthur, the temple president, seated on the couch.
One of the upstairs bedrooms.  After all, it is a bed & breakfast Inn.
One of my favorite rooms in the Inn.  Gotta love the "rustic" nature of that wall.  Wonder if it leaks, much?
Good thing this isn't California, they'd make them put in an elevator.  Something about Nauvoo and steep stairways in this town but they all look like this.
The happy couple.
...and, of course, the Inn, itself.  A quaint little place just off Highway 96, just outside the thriving downtown Nauvoo.  Walking distance to the temple.  They had a picture of the Hollands in the famous people board.  They stayed there last summer.  I guess they are regulars when they come visit.   
Well, it's supposed to be 19 tonight and head towards 0 later this week so I guess our 40+ degree weather is in decline for a while.  Winter isn't quite done with us yet.  That nasty winter storm just slipped right around us.  The locals are saying we have had a "mild" winter.  I'm not thinking sub zero temperatures is mild but what do I know.

I finally got Elder Kevin's date of release from his mission and have requested an extension for ours for 45 days to coincide with his release date.  If our president is willing to give that extension, and he said he was, we'll all come home together in about mid-November.  But, we'll get that nailed down in a few weeks.  More news to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment