Monday, August 10, 2015

081015

So, I wake up this morning and get ready to go for my morning "flog" (flailing while jogging, my attempt at getting some exercise while here in Nauvoo).  But, first, I need to check the weather to make sure a monsoon hasn't settled in over the area or isn't about to break in the next 30 minutes as I flog my way around "The Flats" where we live.  I see this on AccuWeather:


I've seen these before on several occasions this summer, but this is a particularly dire prediction of "dense fog" in the area.  This, however, is what passes as "dense fog" in the Nauvoo area:

Across the street from our apartment, the open field to highway 96 leaving Nauvoo.

Apparently, the Mid-West definition and the Kalifornia foothills or, certainly, the San Francisco definition of "dense fog" is somewhat different.  

Of course, jogging in 100% humidity at 74 degrees is always a "treat" surpassed only by jogging in Flagstaff, Arizona in the middle of the day in mid-July.  Ugh.  There's no such thing as a "cool down" outdoors...

No comments:

Post a Comment