Saturday, August 19, 2017

071517_Reunion Day!

Unlike St George, Utah, it's been very pleasant here and cool.  Just a tad bit humid here, though....about 85% during the day....and rainy now and then.  

 
The Reunion was held at a local park with enough capacity to house the nearly 100 Seger's and their relatives that attended.  Pioneer Trail Park.  We had the pavilion most of the day. 
 
This was the pavilion where the reunion was held. 
 
Welcome to the reunion!  Yeah, Gladstone is just North of Escanaba.
 
Picking up our lei and moving into the pavilion, we started to meet our relatives.
 
Looking at a few pictures on a table as I first walked in, I saw these two distinguished gentlemen.  On the left is Fred Seger, my Dad's brother and on the right is the only picture known to exist of my grandfather, Edwin Westover Seger.  It's the only picture I have of him.  I had none before I came to the reunion so it was worth coming to the reunion just for this!  Well, and a lot of other things.
 
Welcome signage.
 
Probably the oldest Seger relative here today.  Kathy Aper's beau, Ed.  Really a nice guy. 
 
The star that put all of this together, Robin Seger Macomber.  She really did a great job and was so helpful.  We had such a great time.  I, however, spent almost all of my time scanning pictures and taking pictures of pictures.  Some of the pictures I couldn't remove remove from the books they were in because of the way they were put together.  I didn't want to disturb the folders so I had to take pictures using my camera.  It was less than I had hoped for.  But, most of the pictures turned out OK.  Scanning would have been better, though.
.
 
I missed most of the family pictures because I was a little oo busy doing scanning but Arlene managed to get this one.  The gal on the bottom right is Aunt Kathy and Ed, my cousin that we've known for years.  On the left, in white, is Jim J Seger and Betty.  He's my "Michigan Twin" 'cause we both have the same first name.  His middle initial is just "J", it doesn't stand for anything.  Which, apparently, is a Seger thing.  My grandmother's name is LoRena J Seger and, as far as I can tell, her middle name is just "J" also.  The couple on the far left is Dwight "Peanut" Seger and his wife, LuAnn (sp).  I hope I didn't screw that up too much.  Sorry, don't know who the couple in the middle are.
 
Kathy on the right, Karla Brandt on the left and, sorry, missed the other gal's name.  But they were all very nice.
 
...and, of course, there was some humor...
We had pulled pork sandwiches and a host of other Upper Peninsula specialties for lunch.  We were serenaded by some local talent and I got to talk to a few of my relatives.  

 
We also were visited from Kevin and his new wife of a couple of months, the sweet Karla.
 

...and their lovely daughter, Ayleen...  It was nice to see them again.  We last saw them at the wedding several months ago.  
We still have a couple more days in Escanaba and a few more places to see.  The reunion wound down, we said our goodbyes, and the clouds began to gather.  Had one heck of a rainstorm and downpour just a few minutes after it was all over and we were safely back in our motel room.  Haven't seen that kind of rain in a long time!  More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment