Tuesday, April 25, 2017

041617

Easter Sunday.  I was born on a Saturday, the day before Easter.  As long as I can remeber, that has only happened once and that was when I was 11.  I don't think it has ever happened since then.  This year, however, Easter was on my birthday, April 16th.  I don;t recall that ever happening before.  I'm thinking I won't be around for that to happen again, at least, not very likely....

We were invited up to Pine Valley to visit with Connie Webb and attend church in her ward up there.  Since we have no responsibilities down in our ward, it's pretty easy to bail on our ward.  She also offered a ham dinner and we offered my German Chocolate cake for dessert.

The Pine Valley Church, Pine Valley, Utah.  The oldest church in the area.

If you followed the blog in Nauvoo, you would remember that Sister Webb went to church with us in Burlington ward and was a site missionary there so we got to know her pretty well.  This is her home in Pine Valley.  
 
The flowers are all in bloom here in St. George and some of these are imported from Nauvoo, although I'm not sure which ones.  
 


Lots of colors everywhere...
 
Connie and Arlene together as we head out the door.  A nice visit to Pine Valley on a sacred day.

No comments:

Post a Comment